Wooden Chotki of Saint Joseph hand crafted by Brother Archangelo from olive wood. The Chotki of St. Joseph has received canonical permission to be prayed and distributed. Limited quantity of wooden chotki. Comes with Instructions on how to pray the Chotki of Saint Joseph.
The Chotki (Scriptural Chaplet) of Saint Joseph
(With which is honored the seven sorrows and seven joys of Saint Joseph, and which is prayed on the same arrangement of beads as is the Chaplet of the Sorrowful Mother.)
O God, come to my assistance. O Lord make haste to help me.
Gloria Patri. (Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. Amen)
On the (7) large beads:
Who shall ascend the mountain of the Lord, or who shall stand in his holy place? The man with clean hands, and pure heart, who desires not worthless things, who has not sworn so as to deceive his neighbor. He shall receive blessing from the Lord and reward from the God who saves him. Such are the men who seek him, seek the face of the God of Jacob.
On the small beads (there are 7 of them after each large bead):
Fear not Joseph son of David, for that which is conceived in Blessed Mary thy wife is of the Holy Spirit, and she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins.
After each septade:
He made him lord of his house, and ruler over all his possessions.
O most righteous, glorious, and exalted Patriarch Saint Joseph, please pray for us.
At the conclusion of the chaplet, on the final (3) beads:
Happy the man who fears the Lord, who takes delight in all his commands, his sons shall be powerful on Earth, the children of the upright are blessed.
JOSEPH’S SEVEN SORROWS JOSEPH’S SEVEN JOYS
1. The perplexity of St. Joseph (Matt. 1:19) 1. The message of the Angel (Matt. 1:20)
2. The poverty of Jesus’ birth(Luke 2:7) 2. The birth of the Savior (Luke 2:10-11)
3. The Circumcision (Luke 2:21) 3. The Holy Name of Jesus (Matt. 1:25)
4. The prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:34) 4. The effects of the Redemption (Luke 2:38)
5. The flight into Egypt (Matt. 2:14) 5. The overthrow of the idols of Egypt (Is. 19:1)
6. The return from Egypt (Matt. 2:22) 6. Life with Jesus and Mary at Nazareth (Luke 2:39)
7. The loss of the Child Jesus (Luke 2:45) 7. The finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:46)
Chotki available from the Confraternity of Penitents Holy Angels Gift Shop (www.cfpholyangels.com)